marcos fernando abarca
Visalia, CA: (559) 303-1613: email@example.com
Liberal Arts │Student
True to the community of Tulare County as a student and in volunteering. My experience has been volunteering at the Redwood Springs retirement center. I learned how to communicate effectively while having compassion for the elderly and their family members. I have also been a Big Brother/Sister striving to provide families the support utilizing my leadership skills, organizational skills and quick problems solver.
Excellent (written & verbal) Problem Sensitivity Thinking Creatively
Proficient in Computers Customer and Personal Care Knowledge of human behavior
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Visalia, CA, August 2015-June 2016
• Tutored and assisted children individually or in small groups to help those master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by the teacher.
• Provided extra assistance to students with special needs, or those with physical and mental disabilities. Supervised students in classrooms, halls, school yards, and gymnasiums or filed trips.
Tulare and Kings Counties Suicide Prevention Task force. Visalia, CA, January 2014- August 2015
• Helped set up tents, tables, and chairs for events. Settled seating disputes or helped solve other customers concerns.
• Examined tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or dates issued.
• Greeted patrons attending entertainment or informational resource event. Cleaned facilities and break down and equipment to pack up and move.
• Entertained, conversed with, or red aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
• Provided patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles and wit dressing and grooming
University Preparatory High school, Visalia, CA, Diploma 2016
College of the Sequoias, Visalia, CA, Expected 2018